Checked Your Tyres Lately?
The condition of your tyres can mean the difference between a close call and a collision
Soft tyres and unnoticed tyre damage can lead to blowouts. Even undamaged tyres with half their tread may lose traction on wet surfaces, and rain happens a lot in Ireland!
5 Reasons to buy Tyres from Oliver Walsh in Galway
- We offer one of the widest range of good quality tyres in Galway
- It doesn’t matter how good your car is, its overall performance on the road is governed, almost completely, by the quality of its tyres and the grip they provide.
- Your brake reliability relies on the quality of your tyre grip.
- It is absolutely essential that your tyres have good, deep tread channels to deal with wet conditions.
- If the tyre is worn out, the remaining tread cannot adequately disperse the water at the contact patch.
- What happens is that a film of water is sandwiched between the tyre and the road surface. Once this happens the grip totally disappears, this is known as aquaplaning. I think we can all agree, Ireland is one place you need to avoid this!
- In essence, you should check your tyres pressure weekly and inspect the tyres regularly for any sign of uneven wear or damage. If you suspect that something’s not right, get it checked by one of our tyre specialists as soon as possible.
What you should check regularly:
- The tread dept of your tyres.
- Your tyre pressure as per your car manual.
- The outward appearance of your tyres i.e. for cuts & bulges.
The Benefits of Good Tyre Maintenance:
- Improved handling of your car.
- Improved safety.
- Longer tyre life which saves you money!
- Reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
To find great deals on our top brands of tyres, please call us on 091 796 333.